ReliaCard Prepaid Debit Card
The ReliaCard Visa is a prepaid debit card offered as an option for receiving reimbursement payments electronically. This no-cost or low-cost payment method (see “Fees” section, below) is a great alternative to paper checks and direct deposit because it is fast, secure, convenient and easy.
Fast and Efficient — You won't have to wait for the mail to arrive and have no risk of lost or stolen checks. Your money is automatically deposited to your card account.
Safe and Secure — No need to carry large amounts of cash. Cardholders can get cash from many retailers, over 1 million Visa/Plus® branded Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) and any bank or credit union accepting Visa.
Convenient — Over 20 million merchants nationwide and more internationally, accept the ReliaCard. It can be used to make purchases everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted, including grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants.
Easy — No existing bank account, no credit approval* and no minimum balance is required.
Enjoy the security and convenience of electronic payments. Start using your ReliaCard to pay bills, to purchase items or to withdraw cash (see “Apply and Get Started” section, below).
* Successful identity verification required. To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. If necessary, we may also ask to see your driver’s license or other identifying documents.
Apply and Get Started
The State of Nebraska contracts with U.S. Bank to provide the ReliaCard prepaid debit card for you to receive and spend your state-issued payments. The ReliaCard provides a fast, secure, convenient, and efficient payment method. There is NO credit approval, NO existing bank account and NO minimum balance required.
- The ReliaCard is the default method of payment for vocational rehabilitation clients. If you do not make a payment selection, you will automatically be issued a U.S. Bank ReliaCard and all future vocational rehabilitation reimbursement payments will be deposited to your U.S. Bank ReliaCard. To access the Reliacard Payment Authorization form, please see the “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section below.
- You will receive your ReliaCard approximately 7 to 10 days after the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court sets up your account.
- U.S. Bank mails the card to you in a plain white window envelope. This envelope also contains tools to give you card details and help you begin using the card (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below). When your ReliaCard arrives in the mail, follow these steps to get started:
- Call U.S. Bank Cardholder Services (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below) to activate your card and select your Personal Identification Number (PIN). Once activated, all future payments will be deposited onto the card and are available immediately.
- Sign the back of your card in ink. Your card is not valid unless you sign it.
- Use your card to make purchases, pay bills or withdraw cash, however, only the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court can make deposits.
- For lost or stolen cards, call U.S. Bank Cardholder Services (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below). The balance from the old card is transferred to the replacement card. Future payments will be made to the newer card.
- Individuals who receive payments from different State of Nebraska agencies such as provider payments, unemployment compensation or child support payments will receive a separate ReliaCard for each program. The cards are of similar design, but are in different colors for easy identification.
Track your ReliaCard purchases and balances each time you use your card.
Keeping track of your funds is easy to do with a few tools:
- View your account balance and transactions 24/7 online (see Reliacard Online Services under the “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below).
- Sign up to receive a text or email message from U.S. Bank when funds are added to your account and when the account reaches or nears zero.
Checking your available balance is convenient and available 24/7:
- View the account online (see Reliacard Online Services under the “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below).
- Perform a balance inquiry at an ATM.
- Call the toll-free 24-hour toll-free customer service number located on the back of the card (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below) .
View Telephone and Online Customer Service Contact Information (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below).
For your security and confidentiality, U.S. Bank does not share card account numbers or transaction details with anyone but you. The State of Nebraska cannot view or track individual cardholder’s purchases or cash withdrawals.
The ReliaCard is a no-cost or low-cost payment method. It is fast, secure, convenient, efficient and most services are free.
Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: In addition to these Frequently Asked Questions, please also refer to U.S. Bank’s Reliacard Frequently Asked Questions (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below).
How do I qualify for the card?
No credit approval or bank account is required. The ReliaCard is the default method of payment.
If the cardholder receives payments from different state agencies or programs (e.g., child support payments, unemployment compensation, and provider payments, etc.) will that cardholder have one card or multiple cards?
Individuals who receive payments from different programs will receive separate ReliaCards for each program. The cards are of similar design, but are in different colors for easy identification.
Why didn’t my card have money on it when it arrived?
When you establish a PIN for your new ReliaCard it may not have money on it yet. Clients are only paid after their reimbursement claim form is approved and entered into the state accounting system. Clients should contact the Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court with questions about when a payment is generated from their approved claims (see “Tools, Links, and Contacts” section, below).
Are there any fees associated with this card?
See “Fees” section, above.
Tools, Links, and Contacts
Listed below are tools, links, and contacts to help in starting to use the ReliaCard.
- ReliaCard Visa Prepaid Debit Card
- Activating Your ReliaCard
- ReliaCard Usage Guide
- Cardholder Agreement
- Prepaid Online Banking Agreement
- Telephone and Online Customer Service Contact Information
- ReliaCard Fee Schedule
- U.S. Bank’s ReliaCard Frequently Asked Questions
- U.S. Bank Cardholder Services
- Nebraska Workers’ Compensation Court
Deborah Bandiola, Business and Human Resources Manager
Phone: 402-471-6463 or 800-599-5155 (toll-free)